Dear Vanderbilt local community,
As we appear forward to the spring semester, we facial area yet one more problem from COVID-19 that will have to have our neighborhood to action up and perform with each other as A person Vanderbilt. The omicron variant is spreading rapidly throughout the nation and the planet. In light-weight of this, we should adapt to make certain that we can continue to pursue our educational and study mission as securely as attainable.
To do that, we are taking these speedy steps:
- The start off of the semester for undergraduates is delayed right up until Jan. 17, which is also Martin Luther King Jr. Working day. As in earlier decades, lessons will not be held that day to allow the neighborhood to participate in the virtual Commemorative Series events.
- The dates for spring break (March 5–13) and Graduation (May perhaps 13) are unchanged. More element about the undergraduate academic calendar will be announced shortly.
- Most graduate and expert applications will delay classes right until Jan. 17. Deans will communicate right with their learners, college and staff with faculty- and plan-precise data.
- We are instituting enhanced security protocols for the total campus group, which includes a Commodores Care time period for pupils and the resumption of expected masking indoors.
- In addition, we are tremendously expanding our testing software for the spring to help the wellness and security of our community. This will include essential screening for all returning learners right before they arrive on campus.
Extra information and facts will be shared with you shortly, which include from academic deans, that will offer a lot more information.
If you have not still attained your booster shot and are eligible, we strongly really encourage you to do so as shortly as doable and to register it on-line. Comprehensive vaccination in addition the booster is the most effective protection against COVID-19, and the documented facts considerably informs our designs. People who register their boosters will be exempt from quarantine in accordance with new CDC tips and subject matter to much less screening needs.
Though there is continue to significantly to be learned about this variant and its impacts, we know that there will go on to be conditions in the Nashville community—and almost certainly a significant quantity of them—as we return to campus. Whilst it is possible that many members of our remarkably vaccinated campus local community who take a look at positive might continue to be asymptomatic or have only gentle indications, it is essential that we do all we can to protect the most vulnerable amongst us.
In the deal with of this most recent obstacle, we are committed to continuing in-human being discovering. We are confident that if we do the job together to make overall health and basic safety a precedence, as we have effectively finished given that the commence of this pandemic, we can attain this intention. We will very carefully observe the data and will work carefully with our workforce of health and fitness professionals to information options for the spring semester and will share updates often.
The pandemic has challenged us all, and we know the very first few months of the spring semester will be particularly tricky for some customers of our local community. We stimulate you to use campus means for mental health and fitness and properly-getting support and to assistance others when they are in have to have. We also encourage you to go to the upcoming virtual city halls for students and for college and workers.
In the times ahead, locate time to relaxation and recharge as we head into 2022. We hope you are getting a fantastic break and would like you protected travels as you return to campus.
Provost and Vice Chancellor for Educational Affairs
Vice Chancellor for Administration
Further facts for: