For rapid launch: July 1, 2022 (22-096)
Speak to: DOH Communications
OLYMPIA — As numerous prepare for Fourth of July gatherings and summer season outings, the Washington State Department of Well being (DOH) would like to remind individuals to stay healthful and rejoice securely.
“Have a safe summer season. Be mindful of hazards and take precautions to guard by yourself and those people all over you,” claimed Umair A. Shah MD, MPH, Secretary of Wellbeing. “A tiny organizing can make a large distinction.”
Some uncomplicated techniques to put together for a protected and healthful summer season contain:
- Observe water security. Usually supervise youthful children enjoying in or near the h2o. Don a Coast Guard-permitted lifetime jacket that fits you when swimming, kayaking, paddle boarding, or boating. Remember that even h2o that looks heat on the surface area can guide to cold h2o shock that will incapacitate fantastic swimmers.
- Study how to beat the warmth and keep away from heat-connected wellness troubles. Under no circumstances go away any man or woman or pet in a parked auto. Drink lots of fluids and keep in air-conditioned areas when feasible. Have on lightweight, light-weight-coloured, unfastened-fitting clothes, and steer clear of remaining outside during the hottest areas of the working day. Use large SPF sunblock, even when the sky is cloudy or overcast. Examine in on household, close friends and neighbors who are elderly or may require enable, and make confident pets have access to drinking water and safety from the heat.
- Comply with foods security ideas and don’t forget to wash your palms. Protect your household and pals from foodborne illnesses. Wash your fingers with cleaning soap and sanitize all cooking and ingesting surfaces. Keep scorching food items warm and chilly foodstuff cold, cook dinner meals to safe and sound internal temperatures, and set foodstuff away following no a lot more than two hrs at place temperature. Report any foodborne health problems to your regional wellness office.
- Reduce fireworks accidents. Look at fireworks shows from a safe and sound distance. Generally have an grownup supervise fireworks things to do and do not allow youthful youngsters to perform with or ignite fireworks. Phone 911 quickly if somebody is hurt.
- For a non-major personal injury or health issues, take into account traveling to your main care company or an urgent treatment clinic if you will need health-related attention. Heading to the emergency office only for accurate emergencies can assistance reduce the effect on our hospitals through hectic occasions like vacations.
- Maintain shielding by yourself and other people from COVID-19. Ensure you are up to date on vaccinations and boosters. Wear a mask in crowded areas and though touring. Take a COVID-19 examination if you come to feel unwell, have been in make contact with with somebody with COVID-19, or are preparing to go to an function or journey. If you test good, stay house to aid protect your neighborhood.
By taking actions to get ready, we can all do our portion to assistance retain our communities risk-free through the holiday weekend and beyond.
Printable Model (PDF)