(WSYR-TV) — Onondaga County has 206 new cases as the Onondaga County Executive announced one more resident has died from COVID-19.
Ryan McMahon tweeted out the news Thursday that a man in 70s, with underlying conditions was the county’s latest victim.
Meanwhile, Governor Kathy Hochul today updated New Yorkers on the state’s progress combating COVID-19.
“New Yorkers are resilient and strong and they have proven that repeatedly throughout this pandemic – by wearing their masks, socially distancing, and getting their vaccine, they have helped keep their communities safe and their loved ones healthy,” Governor Hochul said. “While we continue to progress, we need to remain mindful as we head into the holiday season. If you haven’t already, get your vaccine today. It’s the best defense we have against COVID-19 and it’s safe, effective, and free.”
Today’s data is summarized briefly below:
· Test Results Reported – 225,695
· Total Positive – 4,285
· Percent Positive – 1.90%
· 7-Day Average Percent Positive – 2.08%
· Patient Hospitalization – 1,952 (-44)
· Patients Newly Admitted – 231
· Patients in ICU – 469 (+15)
· Patients in ICU with Intubation – 268 (+6)
· Total Discharges – 207,649 (+241)
· New deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 27
· Total deaths reported by healthcare facilities through HERDS – 45,476
The Health Electronic Response Data System is a NYS DOH data source that collects confirmed daily death data as reported by hospitals, nursing homes and adult care facilities only.
· Total deaths reported to and compiled by the CDC – 57,889
This daily COVID-19 provisional death certificate data reported by NYS DOH and NYC to the CDC includes those who died in any location, including hospitals, nursing homes, adult care facilities, at home, in hospice and other settings.
· Total vaccine doses administered – 26,930,081
· Total vaccine doses administered over past 24 hours – 94,060
· Total vaccine doses administered over past 7 days – 458,878
· Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose – 83.9%
· Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series – 76.3%
· Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 87.0%
· Percent of New Yorkers ages 18 and older with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 78.3%
· Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose – 71.1%
· Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series – 64.6%
· Percent of all New Yorkers with at least one vaccine dose (CDC) – 73.8%
· Percent of all New Yorkers with completed vaccine series (CDC) – 66.3%
Each region’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|Region||Monday, October 25, 2021||Tuesday, October 26, 2021||Wednesday, October 27, 2021|
|Central New York||4.26%||4.28%||4.28%|
|New York City||1.00%||0.98%||0.97%|
|Western New York||4.65%||4.83%||4.69%|
Each New York City borough’s 7-day average percentage of positive test results reported over the last three days is as follows:
|Borough in NYC||Monday, October 25, 2021||Tuesday, October 26, 2021||Wednesday, October 27, 2021|
Yesterday, 4,285 New Yorkers tested positive for COVID-19 in New York State, bringing the total to 2,524,516. A geographic breakdown is as follows:
|County||Total Positive||New Positive|
Yesterday, 27 New Yorkers died due to COVID-19, bringing the total compiled through HERDS to 45,476. A geographic breakdown is as follows, by county of residence:
|Deaths by County of Residence|
All New York State mass vaccination sites are open to eligible New Yorkers for walk-in vaccination on a first-come, first-serve basis. People who would prefer to schedule an appointment at a state-run mass vaccination site can do so on the Am I Eligible App or by calling 1-833-NYS-4-VAX. People may also contact their local health department, pharmacy, doctor or hospital to schedule appointments where vaccines are available, or visit vaccines.gov to find information on vaccine appointments near them.
Yesterday, 20,563 New Yorkers received their first vaccine dose, and 18,020 completed their vaccine series. A geographic breakdown of New Yorkers who have been vaccinated by region is as follows:
|People with at least one vaccine dose||People with complete vaccine series|
|Increase over past 24 hours||Cumulative
|Increase over past 24 hours|
|Central New York||594,706||460||553,310||370|
|New York City||6,890,040||12,209||6,178,927||11,476|
|Western New York||854,717||964||787,747||900|