This push launch was printed at the request of the Florida Division of Health in Alachua County.
The Division of Wellness in Alachua County (DOH-Alachua) is checking the current infant method scarcity and takes this daily life-threatening difficulty really seriously.
When Abbott Nutrition issued the original remember in February, the Section straight away attained out to shops that acknowledge the Women, Infants, and Little ones (WIC) benefits to advise purchasing an different provide of components. For our medically complex children that rely on clinical specialty formula, the Division identified substitute solutions to offset the shortage.
Defend your Family members
- Opt for a harmless toddler components. For extra info on deciding upon a safe toddler method, stop by the CDC and Fda webpages on the matter.
- Do not make home made infant system. Check out the FDA’s site for far more data.
- Do not acquire formula on the net that arrives from exterior the United States. This components could be counterfeit, which include a bogus label with a erroneous use-by-day.
- Adequately get ready and retail outlet infant method. For data on good planning and storage, go to the CDC’s webpage.
- Appropriately thoroughly clean, sanitize, and retail outlet infant feeding objects. Take a look at the CDC’s page for extra info.
- Normally clean your arms. For facts on how and when to wash your fingers, go to the CDC’s web page.
What is Recalled
On February 17, 2022, Abbott Diet initiated a voluntary recall of specific powdered infant formulas developed in their Sturgis, MI facility. The U.S. Foods and Drug Administration (Fda) issued a community wellness advisory to inform buyers to avoid paying for or making use of recalled formulas.
Impacted solutions inside of the recalled ton may well contain:
- Similac PM 60/40
Impacted lots will get started with a 22 through 37, not including the letter at the starting. Case in point: L31465SH00.
Test to see if you have recalled components by:
- Reviewing the great deal variety on the bottom of your bundle.
- Checking the lot amount on the Abbott site.
- Going to Abbott’s internet site.
- Contacting the enterprise at 1-800-986-8540.
Do not feed your baby recalled formulation. If the lot range on your formulation does not commence with a 22 by means of 37, your components is not impacted.
Do not throw away recalled formula. Return it to the retail store for a refund or trade or call the corporation at 1-800-986-8540.